General Questions about Cloud Hosting for SQL Server™
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed hosting service for SQL Server™. Our hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your cloud hosting platform for SQL Server™?
- It is our quick evolving hosting solution for SQL Server™. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed hosting service mean?
- Fully managed hosting means that all SQL Server™ on our platform are completely managed by us. Our maintenance work includes but not limited to the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade, leaving you time and energy to stay focused on the application development.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports administrative functions for SQL Server™, including FTPS server, monitoring metrics, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed hosting service for SQL Server™?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed hosting services for SQL Server™ with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
- Currently, we have five data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, Denver, and Kansas City, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
Technical Questions about Cloud Hosting for SQL Server™
01. What SQL Server™ version do you support?
- Currently, we only provide SQL Server™ 2017 Express and SQL Server™ 2019 Express.
02. Is the full-text search feature enabled in your hosted service for SQL Server™?
- Yes, the full-text search feature is enabled in the hosted service for SQL Server™.
03. What are the supported features of the SQL Server™ database?
- Our cost-effective hosting service for SQL Server™ (MSSQL) support the Express edition of SQL Server™ 2017 and 2019. For details of features supported by both versions, please refer to the links. --2017 edition, 2019 edition
04. Are there any limitations for Microsoft SQL Server™ Express?
- Yes, Microsoft SQL Server™ Express has a 10 GB maximum database size and other important limits. For details, please refer to the documentation.
05. Do you provide sa user for online SQL Server™?
- No, we do not provide the sa user by default. However, clients can create super users in our client panel.
06. Can I migrate my SQL Server™ Express lower than the 2017 version onto your platform?
- Yes, we can help restore SQL Server™ Express 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 to the 2017 or 2019 version of SQL Server™ on our platform.
07. Do you provide SQL Server™ web and standard edition?
- No, our cloud hosting platform for SQL Server™ does not provide these two editions at the moment. However, you can get them at SQL Server Mart, a division of our sister company Database Mart.
08. Does your managed hosting for SQL Server™ support SSL connection?
- Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created SQL Server™ on our cloud hosting platform for SQL Server™.
09. Do you do backups for my online SQL Server™ database?
- Yes. Our Kubernetes platform takes backups regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan. Please note that we implement weekly backup for applications that are in the 7-day free trial period.
10. Can I take backups of my SQL Server™ in your managed hosting for SQL Server™?
- Yes. You can back up your SQL Server™ via our hosting control panel and download them.
11. How can I manage my SQL Server™ databases and users?
- You can manage users in the control panel in our cloud hosting for SQL Server™. For detailed steps, please refer to the documentation.
12. Is your cloud hosting for SQL Server™ shared?
- No. Our fully managed hosting for SQL Server™ on Kubernetes is based on standalone SQL Server™ instance.
13. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your cloud hosting for SQL Server™?
- We currently support the private cloud from our data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, Denver, and Kansas City. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
14. Can I monitor the resource usage on managed hosting plans for SQL Server™?
- Yes, our control panel supports real-time resource usage monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
15. Do you support SQL Server™ Cluster?
- No. We support single-instance SQL Server™ deployment.
Sales Questions about Cloud Hosting for SQL Server™
01. Can I try your cloud hosting plans before payment?
- Yes. For each account, permitted concurrent free-trial deployments are up to 3.
02. What hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. The hosting plan upgrade for SQL Server™ is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my SQL Server™ online?
- The deployment on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services?
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront. If you need help on this, please refer to the link.
08. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please go to the Pricing page and click the 'Free Trial' button at the end of your interested plan.
09. Can I end my trial and upgrade to a paid subscription?
- Of course. You can upgrade to the paid subscription at any time during the free trial. Thank you.
Billing Questions about Cloud Hosting for SQL Server™
01. What currencies do you support?
- Currently, we accept payment in US Dollars only.
02. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
03. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
04. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
05. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.